Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolution


This pic has nothing to do with what I wrote about, but I love it and you can see how cute our bullie is. We love you Patton !!!

I am tired of the same ole resolutions. This year I am not vowing to lose weight ( even though I want to) or exercise (even though that is the plan). I am going for some fun resolutions. Here goes...

1. Learn to make homemade biscuits and gravy just like Granny did. I have no idea how this will turn out. I called my wonderful Aunt Annetta and asked for a tutorial (hers are almost as good as Granny's) :) I think there will be a lot of trial and error.

2. I need a hobby. My hobby is grading papers and frankly it is boring, and really not a hobby because it is not fun. So Lyci and I am going to take scrapbook classes and card making classes together. We will see how this goes, but I feel good about it. At least I can try and do this in the off season of football. Football season does not allow for any Destine or Brian time.

3. Next is to stop eating out so much. Now that the kids are practically grown, our out to eat bill is never under 40 dollars. So, I am going to stop the madness and we are eating at home. The way I look at it is that yes I have to cook, but on the up side that is more money to put towards my new hobby.:)

4. Last, but not least, is to finally hire that cleaning lady that Brian has been offering. I have this idea in my head, that I should be able to work and keep up with the housework, but it is too much. If my job did not require so much HOMEWORK(wait aren't I suppose to assign homework, not have it myself, I need to look into this) then I think I would be ok. But I choose the wrong profession for not having work at home, I need help and since it is against the law to hire someone to help as a teacher, I can for sure hire someone to help me as a housekeeper.

Well there they are. I hope I can conquer all of these resolutions. I had the kids think of some also, so we have a lot to work on this year. I hope your New Year has started off as great as mine has.

1 comment:

Valerie Koop said...

I love your resolutions. Especially the one about biscuits and gravy. YUM!

When I saw your resolution about scrapbooking, I realized that I forgot to email you directions for the 31 Days of Christmas album I made. Look for that in your inbox.

Stop eating out -- I hear you there!

Happy New Year!