Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Money in my pocket


Today I went to the grocery store to get supplies for tacos. I decided I would do a little coupon shopping. I saved a total of 15.16. My bill was a little under 60 dollars. The best deal I got was on cereal. We eat alot of cereal in this house. I am talking boxes a week.

Here is how it broke down:

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes and Apple jacks were buy one get one free. One was 2.14 and the other was 2.15. They ring up both and cut the price in half. This means you can use two coupons. Each of my coupons was 1.50 off. So one box was .65 cents and the other was .64. you can not even get generic cereal for that. I forgot to meantion that they were the bog boxes that were normally like 4.69 each or something close to that.

I am so into this, and Brian could not be happier with my new money saving thing. I will keep you all up to date on how I do. DO not worry I will not post all the deals. I hope to inspire some of you to save money. I will be glad to share any ideas I find.

Well I am off to PTA.

No comments: