Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cheerleading and TaeKwonDo


Lyci is now officially a Scoggins Gator cheerleader!!! We got the call last night and are so happy. She worked really hard and it is an awesome thing to see her try her best and reach her goal. Way to go Lycibug!!!!

Riain took his first Tae Kwon Do class today. He was so excited and looked so cute in his uniform. I think this will be a good activity for him to particulate in.

I know my children are good hearted, kind, affectionate and love their family very much. But there are times when others get to see this gentle and compassionate side of them. As Riain's instructor was helping him put his belt on, he noticed a yellow bracelet on his wrist. This is the conversation I heard.

Instructor- We usually do not allow any type of jewelry on during class.

Riain- Well, this is how I support my uncle, who was just diagnosed with cancer. I do not ever take it off. I will not take it off until he is cured.

Instructor- Since that is what it stands for then you may keep it on.

Riain- Thank you

Then he turned and smiled at me. I was so proud to be his mom at that moment. The fact that he was standing up for something he believes in.

The pic is not good, I will get better ones next week.

2 comments:

Valerie Koop said...

JUST when I thought I was done crying for the day.

THANK YOU RIAIN, for being such a sweet, supportive nephew.

If I could, I would give you a HUGE kiss (huge - you know, to embarrass you :)

Aunt val

Lindsay said...

Riain you are a honey!!!