Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Am I smarter than a 5th grader?

We shall see next year. I am skipping 4th and heading straight to 5th. With all the economic issues, schools being hit too, we are losing teachers and increasing class sizes. Since this is happening, I will be teaching 5th grade next year. Fifth is a hard grade for many reason. Let me name a few...

1. They have smart mouths.
2. The DRAMA is crazy!!!
3. I can only do third grade math.
4. The kids have to pass reading and math CRCT.
5. They have smart mouths, wait did I say that already?
6. They are taller then I am.
7. Well I know there are more, but I am getting depressed listing them all.

I think I will manage pretty well. But as you can tell I am nervous about the math. I guess I will spend all summer studying up on it.

No comments: