Monday, January 25, 2010

Take the pledge with me






I am sitting here tonight catching up on Oprah. The show I just finished watching has my stomach in knots. The show was about texting and driving. Here is what I learned.

1. If you are on the phone talking, you are 4x more likely to be in a crash.
2. Talking and driving is equal to having 4 beers and driving.
3. Texting and driving is worse then drinking and driving.
4. If you aren texting and driving, you are 8x more likely to be in a crash.

The families on the show, did not have to lose thier loved ones. I sit here thinking how many times, I have run off the road, or crossed the center lines because I was distracted by my phone. I realize how lucky I am to have not hurt myself, someone else or my children. I am pledging to not text on my phone while I am driving. I realize that message is not worth my life, someone else's and especially my children.

Brian and I have taken the pledge, join us, take the pledge and pass it on!!!

Log on to take the pledge-

http://www.oprah.com/questionaire/ipledge.html?id=4

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm in!

Lindsay
-Too lazy to log out of Jordan's account :)