Sunday, June 14, 2009

A camp made for Riain

Today was a sad, scratch that, heart and gut wrenching day for Brian and I. We drove Riain to Huntsville, Alabama to go to his first ever summer camp. This is the first time Riain has ever been away from home for a long period of time without a family member around. He will be participating in Aviation Challenge from today Sunday the 14th until Friday the 19th. We go and pick him up and get to watch his graduation.

This camp was made for this boy. They do flight simulations, pilot training, evasive maneuvering, and much more. He was in heaven. I think there was a little nervousness before, but when they called his groups name, he was gone. I had to chase him down and tell him bye. He got his book and pen from his counselor, and that was it.

Of course, I kept looking back and walking slow and trying to wave. He looked back only once, and I waved and sent him the I love you sign, then we loaded up in the car and drove away. My stomach was sick and I was nervous and right now as I write this am still watching my phone, trying not to cry, waiting for his first call home.

We will blog when he gets back and of course I will post more pics of graduation. Pray that he is safe and has the time of his life. I miss him already. H


Here are some pics we got to take before we left. One is of course where he will be sleeping, one is of his locker, the door to his room and who it is named after, Riain in his flight suite(OMG... he looks so cute), and of his counselor and team members. There is also one of his armband.






No comments: